2014/03/06

Travelling in China can be hard sometimes. Luckily I always found somebody to translate helpful notes for me.
































Although, obviously it is difficult on the other side as well. Lost in translation.





























There is a wide variety of food in China. The choice is way bigger than the spring rolls and the chicken sweet&sour we know from chinese restaurants in other parts of the world.






























Chinese culture is a big enigma to me. What I understand so far: there is different ethics. Seems like one could do almost anything he wants as long as he don´t offends the system.






























I met Mr. Tom, a swiss climber, in Dali. Sunny side up and good times at the cliffs in Shuanglang. See you up!





























In Kunming I discoverd a street where all the police and security men buy there uniforms. I made friends and got the chance to buy an original security shirt. Austrian men power on chinese demand. Another job opportunity?































On my way south I had a brief stop in Yuanglang to explore the famous rice terraces. Heaps of heavy armed photographers occupy the viewing plattforms to catch a shot of the impressive sunrise over Duoyishu so as me.
































Abstract patterns. A photographers obsession indeed. Vast mountainous areas have been cultivated into terraced rice paddies for the last 1300 years by the Hani minority.






























Besides the landscape myself (as the only westerner) became an object of desire. Shooting back was my only defence ... no kidding.