2014/04/16


What a funky start in India. I got cheated in Dheli by a very sophisticated beguiler network. They took advantage of my tiredness, my lack of knowledge, made me believe that Dheli was restricted for foreigners and convienced me to pay for a 6 hour taxi to Jaipur which was way overpriced. The drive was magnificent though. I might be a bit naif but I´m not stupid and I have friends. So finaly I got my money back + extra charges. Don´t fuck around with austrian´s we fight back!!



































Lucky to have the opportunity of travelling by motorcycle in India. It took some time to familiarize though, since traffic is mad here. One has to expect everything (which basically means elephants, pedestrians, monkeys, huge potholes, accidents, wrong-way drivers and of course cows) anytime. Good horn, good brakes and good luck are required!


































I made my way up to Rishikesh which is the yoga capital of India. Already the Beatles came here to meditate and write their white album in the maharishi ashram. Since that spiritual seekers from all over the world pilgrimage to this place to find enlightment.





In the foothills of the himalayas where the ganga river is still nice and clean. Indian hindi´s come to Rishikesh for a nine day fasting ritual. This man only eats sand from the river during that time.

A new world to discover for me. This country is a firework of colours, smells, taste and experience.



















































































Daily routine of a mendicant in the streets of lakshman jhula.




























The plethora of spiritual activity in Rishikesh made me curious. Thus I stayed in an ashram for eight days, did yoga and meditation myself -"om shanti shanti shanti"- If I got enlightened? Well, I really don´t think that there is enlightment at all. But as a life hacker I proofed what I already knew. Life is good! Just don´t take it to serious and listen to your heart.